Chris and his wife Sumiko have lived on Waiheke for thirty years, raising their three daughters and enjoying the enviable lifestyle that the beautiful island has to offer.
Chris began marketing properties under the Premium brand in 1999, and opened the Premium office on the island in 2002. He semi-retired in 2008, after directing some of the island's most notable property transactions during those years. We are very pleased to have him back working full time on the island promoting properties under the Premium banner again, as are many of his previous clients.
Whilst Chris's main strengths and skills are marketing and negotiation, his business interests have ranged from being a hobby farmer to book publishing, a small tourism operator and to being a part-owner in a successful online business based in China that operates in eight countries.
A sense of community is important to Chris, hence his low-key involvement over most of his thirty years on the island in various charities and trusts, and his ongoing passionate involvement in a local conservation project. This sense of community extends through his work in the form of providing a very deep level of customer service, and commitment to ensuring that the interests of his clients and customers are paramount in everything he does.
If you're looking for advice on a property matter, or have made the decision to buy or sell a property on Waiheke Island - we highly recommend getting in touch with Chris and availing yourself of his broad local knowledge and experience that can often be invaluable with property matters.
Some things that inspire me:
• The seemingly endless amount of talent that comes out of our small community
• People who have a respect for the cultural values and history of our island
• People who don't leave their litter behind !
• Kids achieving just about anything !
Some things I enjoy doing:
• My wife's incredible cooking (I have to put this first in case she reads this !)
• Walks in nature (especially the island's network of public walking tracks)
• Stimulating conversations
• A glass of aged wine, a good book and some soft jazz in front of the fire on a winter's night
• Quiet moments on the back deck looking at the moon and stars before going to bed