The company was founded by Frank Augustin Pickett in 1925. Mr Pickett employed his son, Reg, in 1947 and the latter played an active role in the business until his retirement in 1985.
It was in 1978 that Reg Pickett invited Colin Fabish to join him on a part-time basis. Mr Fabish, even at that stage, had completed most of his real estate examinations and he went on to qualify as an Associate of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand (AREINZ). Soon after he joined the industry on a fulltime basis and purchased the company in 1985.
Mr Fabish has served on the executive committee of the Waikato-Bay of Plenty branch of the Real Estate Institute of New Zealand, is past president and was honoured in 1993, by being made a Fellow of REINZ.
Although wanting to retain independence, Mr Fabish could see merit in having an association with a larger group of realtors and was able to achieve both objectives, in 1988, when Frank A Pickett & Company, now Morrinsville Real Estate Ltd was accepted as a member of “Professionals”.